Health & Safety Reporting - Structural Employer Conformity
All industrial, commercial and institutional employers have a statutory 'duty of care' to see that their places of work are structurally of sound order for their employees. Indeed, this covers buildings, structures and equipment.
This 'Practice' undertakes structural appraisal of all these elements so that employers comply fully and conform to H&S legislation. In this respect it is a criminal offence if employers do not comply with the revevant Acts of Parliament and where directors and owners can now be held personally responsible. Delegation to others such as agents, cannot no longer be a defence.
Therefore the primary responsibility now lies entirely with the senior directors, partners or principals. The client cannot take these responsibilities lightly and where a regular regime of inspection has to be undertaken.
Types of H&S Services
1. Structural integrity reports for buildings for H&S compliance
2. Structural analysis of single and multi-elements for H&S compliance
3. Structural integrity of elevated platforms
4. Structural appraisal of plant and machinery under H&S legislation -
limitations and deviations from standard specifications
5. Determination of the safety of all structural elements that have increased
loadings imposed - over the life of a building increased loads from new
machinery can be imposed. It is necessary to determine whether the
existing structure can sustain such loads under H&S legislation
6. Secondary inspections reporting prior to occupation of a new building or
structure by an employer's workforce
All client employers have to comply with the legislation and prison sentences imposed by the Courts are becoming far more prevalent.
Office Contact - 01484.461193
Direct Contact - 07880661574
Office: 48 Market Street, Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, HD3 4HY